Welshpool Airport (EGCW) was released today by ORBX. It’s the first airport made for FTX EU Wales.
Welshpool is the latest in a long line of airports from developers Andreas Hegi, Heiko Glatthorn, and Alex Goff. Previous works include KORS Orcas Island, 1S2 Darrington, and PAHO Homer. The first add-on airport for the Wales region is Welshpool (Mid Wales) Airport. Situated 4 kilometres south of the town of Welshpool, along the River Severn, this charming airfield is host to a lively general aviation scene. Mid Wales Airport is home to the Mid Wales Air Ambulance and host to an annual airshow. Welshpool was initially known as Pool but changed its name in the 1800s to distinguish itself from the English town of Poole. Its most prominent landmark, Powis Castle, sits atop the slopes lining the valley. The castle can be easily seen from the airfield circuit. Additional landmarks in the city include the two churches on the west side of town, Christ Church and St. Mary’s Church, along with two quarries to the northeast.
- High quality 15 cm/px terrain on airfield
- Surrounding countryside at 30 cm resolution
- Realistic PAPI approach lights and runway end lights
- Realistic HD textures created from on-site photography
- Extensive control panel
- Includes Powis Castle, St. Mary’s Church, and Christ Church in Welshpool
- Includes most Orbx Flow tech
- Expert 5 season colour matched imagery
- By Andreas Hegi, Heiko Glatthorn, and Alex Goff