ORBX’s Jarrad Marshall is working on Innsbruck – one of the iconic airports of the world. Can’t wait for its release and an opportunity to shoot instrument approaches among the Alps.
Introducing FTX Innsbruck: The Capital of the Alps!
Acclaimed airport developer Jarrad Marshall has lifted the lid on his latest offering – and it’s a big one! An airport that needs no introduction, Innsbruck is one of the iconic airports of the world, with a jaw-dropping backdrop, heart-stopping approaches and a location smack-dab in the heart of Europe. With work commencing on this project in September last year, Jarrad has quietly been cooking up something special for his first foray into Europe – he’s been pulling out all the stops! In addition to an ultra-HD rendition of the airport, expect to find the largest coverage area of any Orbx airport to date, over 160 custom landmarks, animated trains, expertly blended and coloured photoreal, and numerous additional helicopter landing areas. Designed and optimised to work with high-end aircraft products, Innsbruck is a true multi-use airport in every sense. Whether you are a by-the-book airline captain, bizjet guru, helicopter rescue pilot, casual general aviation flyer or even slow-and-silent glider pilot, Orbx FTX Innsbruck will be the scenery for your simming adventures!
– Massive 2500 sq km of PR at 1m/60cm/30cm
– Huge extended coverage area with full LC, 10m Holgermesh, vector roads/rail/powerlines and waterbodies.
– 200,000+ building and 800,000+ vegetation autogen placements
– Custom seasons files with transitional altitude-based snowlines (mimicking what you would see in a full-blown region).
– Innsbruck Airport (LOWI) – The centrepiece of the scenery, in full HD
– Innsbruck Air Rescue Heliport (LOJO) – major helicopter base attached to Innsbruck Airport.
– Innsbruck University Hospital (LOIU) – the famous rooftop helipad in the city centre.
– Hat Tux Heliport / Alpin 5 (LOJT) – forward base for alpine rescue operations, located high up in the Tux Alps.
– Fire Service College Heliport (LOIN) – a fun location, and a little hard to find. Training school for local fire/rescue operators.
– Emergency Helipad – A nondescript landing area situated adjacent to the railway line near Buch-in-Tirol.
– Ultra-detailed rendition of LOWI Innsbruck Airport
– Enormous coverage area at 30cm and 1m coverage – our largest coverage area yet!
– Colour blended and corrected orthoimagery coupled with highly detailed custom autogen
– All new static aircraft & ground GSE unique to LOWI – all controllable via the CP and sorted by type (Airliner/Airline Charter/Corporate/GA)
– Super high-quality ground poly with environmental effects (oil/rain/sitting water)
– Advanced rendering, ambient occlusion and unique night-lighting methods used for maximum realism
– Highly detailed and AI-ready APX designed by resident APX guru, Graham Eccleston
– Over 160+ landmarks and POI in coverage area, including highly detailed cityscape
– Full suite of ObjectFlow, PeopleFlow2, TextureFlow and more included
– Complete seasonal variations for immersive experience
– Airport modelled on massive on-site photography by Fabien
– Optimised for use with high-end airliner products, control panel with full option suite via FTX-Central